Friday, April 4, 2008

Thing 7. Web 2.0 Communication Tools

Wow! A lot of components to this one. Took a while to get through it all.

Regarding email productivity hints, I had shut off my auto notification a few months ago and it has really helped. I just can't resist the curiosity when I see that little envelope pop up. So now that I don't see it, I check email between other tasks instead of in the middle of something.

I like all the YouTube videos. I am more and more curious about them and about creating one.

Tried IMing with my boss, but we got this message:

The Web Site you are trying to access:
http://www.google.com/talk/
Is listed in a category of sites which are not generally used for business.
If you feel you need access to this site, please Email the Help Desk.

I do use texting, although infrequently as I'm not very proficient with my cell-typing and also pay .15 per msg. I've done a lot of web conferencing, but was happy to be introduced to OPAL and (reminded of) Web Junction. The only issue I have is that every different program requires so many downloads and now I feel like I have tons of junk on my computer.

I watched the LOC Armchair Travel webinar from OPAL. Well, part of it. Will go back to this for other resources.

Did not have an invitation to join the 23 Things Google group, but I found them and put in a request to join.

No comments: