Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thing 12. Do You Digg?

Nah, I don't Digg. I'm glad some people do though because these sites are fun to browse. (Is Digg-ing the sharing or the browsing or both?)

I looked at each one and checked out the health section for comparison. I like the "bury" option on Digg, and I like its layout the best. "News in Pictures" is a cool feature of Newsvine, but harder to see what's really popular.

So I went to the New York Times and tried to share an article about the pope through Digg. Found it funny that "religion" is not on the topic list. Anyway it was a duplicate so they rejected it.

I really saw a lot of interesting stuff that I wanted to read though and ended up off on a lot of different tangents. Could be a great time-waster. I like the fact that you can post to del.icio.us for personal reference - that could definitely come in handy for research.

No comments: