Friday, April 11, 2008

Thing 13. Online Productivity Tools

"While it may seem that the Internet is populated by people with endless time on their hands who are out to torpedo our productivity ..." - Yes, I totally thought that about the last thing - tagging articles. Who has the time?

There was just an article in the Pioneer Press about online productivity tools. How timely! Title was "Growing number of Web sites help you help yourself." It focused mostly on goals, fitness, and getting organized. One that I liked from their list is StickK. It was developed by a group from Yale and helps you keep on track for any goal from quitting smoking to training for a marathon.

I've tried both Google's and Yahoo!'s start pages before, but they seem so egocentric and limited. I find I like Yahoo!'s general start page better than My Yahoo!

Thought Backpack looked like a cool tool that could be useful when compiling research data to send to a client. The emails often get clunky and hard to organize when you have a lot of different sources; this would streamline results.

Tried Ta-da. Not bad but to me the to-do list being on paper is essential. On the computer it's out of sight, out of mind. I use my Outlook calendar, contact list, and a lot of its other features and couldn't get by without it. If I didn't have that then for sure I'd set up a calendar, widgets, etc. to help keep my on track and organized.

No comments: