Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thing 19. Podcasts

I found it difficult to search podcasts. None of the directories seemed to have great capabilities. However, I'm really unsure of what I'm searching for. My prior experience with podcasts is limited.

Anyway I started out with Podcast.com and found a few things there. I listened to someone commenting on the latest episode of "The Office." I also found Seattle Public Library's podcasts with lots of author readings! I listed to Tracy Chevalier reading from her latest novel.

I found that if I double-clicked on the podcast, it would open in a new window in Windows Media Player. The other option was for it to play right on the site. I didn't find a way to fast forward in either. (I accidentally clicked out of podcast.com, so the podcast stopped playing, and when I went back I didn't want to start over at the beginning. Too bad for me.)

So I'm excited to hear more authors, although I enjoy seeing them in person, but this will be a good alternative. Perhaps my interest in podcasts/podcasting will grow from there.

Also, I added an MPR podcast feed to the sidebar - very easy to do!

No comments: